GenreCon Photo Contest
Thank you everyone for your photo submissions! Here are our winners!
- First place prize is two (2) free passes to The Khronos Gauntlet Escape Room
- Second place prize is a $30 Gift Certificate to The Royal Garrison: School of Medieval Martial Arts
- Third place prize is a $20 Gift Certificate to Afterlife Video Game Lounge
Rules are as follows: Each photographer may submit up to 3 photos taken at GenreCon 2017. Photos and photographer details are to be submitted to email@example.com by February 19, 2017. GenreCon staff will select the first place, second place, and third place photos by February 26, 2017 and announce the winners shortly after.
By submitting photos for the contest, the photographer is agreeing to the use of any submitted photographs as GenreCon promotional material. If the photographer wishes to watermark the photos, the watermark must be in the lower right hand corner.
GenreCon Free Weekend Pass Draws
Come visit the GenreCon booth at any of the conventions and enter into our draw for a free GenreCOn weekend pass! Any conventions after GenreCon 2017 (Feb 3-5) will be for GenreCon 2018 passes.
Conventions that GenreCon will be attending:
- December 31, 2016 – Emiko’s Mini Con & New Years Eve Canadian ToyCon [Winners: Sarah & Morgan M]
- January 14, 2017 – KW Tri-Con [Winner: Andrew B]
- March 3-5, 2017 – GryphCon
- May 26-28, 2017 – Anime North
- June 24, 2017 – Toronto Sailor Moon Celebration
GenreCon 2017 Hallway Costume Awards
This year we welcome the Joint Sector Task Force (the Judges from the 2012 Dredd Movie) as our peace keepers who are on the look out for outstanding Costumes. The Judges will be issuing Hall Awards to those dressed up in Costumes so keep an eye out for the Judges on patrol.
- Saturday Feb 4, 2017 @ 12PM – 7PM
- Sunday Feb 5, 2017 @ 12PM – 4PM
Note – Costumed guests of GenreCon are not eligible for hallway awards.
Freedom Japanese Market Snack Pack Giveaway!!
To win, you need to do three simple things:
Freedom Japanese Market is a family run business that curates, packs, and ships original, made-in-Japan, snacks to all corners of the globe. Check out more about them on their website https://
Just for GenreCon followers you can get an extra snack in all of your boxes simply by writing GenreCon in the “Where did you hear about us?” field upon checkout!
Winners will be picked randomly and announced on Saturday January 14!